Tuesday 16 December 2014

My Distribution company


Studiocanal was the right type of distribution company for my film as it is mainly based around action and thriller movies which was the same as my genre of film.

Studiocanal films:
Non-Stop- An Action/thriller, budget = $50 million.
Cliffhanger- An Action Adventure genre, budget = $60 million
Robocop- Sci-fi Action genre, budget = $100-300 million
Six Bullets- Action genre ,budget = $10 million
Taken 2- Action/Thriller, budget = $45 million
Jonny English- Action/comedy, budget = $45 million, Also set in England

Lots of Studiocanal's films have some sort of action element to them and lots of the main genre of the film is action. This matches my genre that I will be trying to film and therefore makes it a suitable choice of production company. Also lots of Studiocanal's films are relativity low budget which is better for me as I cannot afford to make a Hollywood blockbuster. A low budget film for an action adventure theme is usually anything below $50 million.

No comments:

Post a Comment